Wednesday, May 16, 2012

There are MMOs About Everything

So I heard over Twitter that there is a Code Lyoko MMO coming.  Does this mean that the .hack// conglomerate might resurrect The World?  I hope so.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that IP's are the new fad for MMO's.  I just hope we don't see World of Hey Arnold or Dora Online.
I really think there should be a Pokemon MMO before any of these other IPs are used.  I might let it slide if the interwebs received Kingdom Hearts Online before World of Pokemon.

Also, how could Donald P. Bellisario allow Ducky to be killed off?  This should be headline news!  I mean it's not like him re-writing his will didn't make it obvious.  Hell, they even had the brains to make it poetic.  They loose Ducky as Palmer matures to take the reigns.  I just hope they don't go killing off Ziva.  The internet would explode with nerd rage.  Also, look at the fantasy couple of the nerd Palmer and his supermodel bride!  Way to go Belisarius Productions.  I'm glad you have proven once again that media belongs to the horny, book-smart loners out there.
Anyway, back to the capitalist sphere.  Why do publishers always go for the third rate IPs?  Why don't they make MMOs about the better IPs and games?  I can't imagine they are all taken as I can name a bunch of them.  There's YU-GI-OH, Pokemon, Zatch Bell, Bleach, Digimon, .Hack//, Redakai, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Kingdom Hearts... Actually, past single-player games have great MMO potential even if the MMO plays completely different from the single-player predecessor.

Basically, what I'm getting at (which you SHOULD be able to guess), is that lots of potential is being squandered and it has allowed for a lot of diluting which is bound to happen over time with anything anyway, so I guess we just need to see more effort toward pushing out multiple IPs.  Oh well, it's not like we need everything to have an MMO based off of it.

I also want to point out that Pirate 101's Beta is right around the corner as some people have already gotten their invites (or so that deceptive grape vine tells me).

IP On!!!!  (That's one heck of a sentence you don't want to read aloud.)

No comments:

Post a Comment