Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hutt Can Haz Future

I knew I should have made a post about my idea when I originally thought of it.  At least, I don't remember posting it.  About a month or two ago, I had the idea that there should be a Hutt faction  in SWTOR.  I have also wondered for an even longer time why the bounty hunter belonged to a faction at all.  I seem to have stumbled upon an original design concept for SWTOR as I have just heard through Liquid SWTOR that not only is the next expansion going to be Hutt based, but Bioware originally planned to have a Hutt faction that would have included both the bounty hunter and the imperial agent (this means that the smuggler might originally have been intended to be an empire class).

Obviously I can't prove that I thought of having a Hutt faction before I heard that such a faction was intended for launch.  Therefore, I'm not going to push the issue.  However, what I originally thought would be nice for a Hutt faction was if the Dark Jedi were a class option or maybe some sort of revenite class.  This way we would have dark side Jedi that could actually use force lightning and possibly some light side Sith that couldn't.  I tossed around the idea of the bounty hunters and smugglers being part of the Hutt Cartel, but wasn't sure what classes Bioware could replace them with as that would have led to some major imbalance had the empire not had bounty hunters and the republic not had smugglers.  I also considered that maybe Bioware could give the Dark Jedi their own faction allowing for more replayabillity between the six main archetypes that are out there.  I say six because while the jedi and sith are mirror opposites, the bounty hunters, agents, smugglers, and troopers are all mixed up in regards to the resources they use for their skills, the gear they are allowed to equip, and the weapons they use.

I really hope SWTOR gets a Hutt Faction and that maybe they could make the bounty hunters and the smugglers Hutt classes while renaming the currently existing  bounty hunters and smugglers.  Obviously they won't rename them as that is more work than they would be willing to do.

With that said, I wonder how long it will take Bioware to build new class archetypes.  I have my fingers crossed for a new class type coming with the first expansion.  We will also be able to roll Cathars as well.

So um... Jabba On?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment