Thursday, February 16, 2012

Someone Absent This Way Comes

What is this web page?  It feels as if I've posted here before...  oh... right, I've... abandoned it for over a week... *que awkward face*  It's... it's not my fault... the SWTOR made me do it... yeah, that's right it was SWTOR.  Don't worry, I can stop playing SWTOR whenever I want.  No really I can.  I just don't want to.

I've been playing SWTOR non-stop long enough to get my shadow to 18, my smuggler to 9, my knight to 5, and just this afternoon, play a trooper to level 9.  Too bad I can't focus on just one character.  I think I need to go to Altoholics Anonymous.  I've heard their alienware labtops have built-in screens along side the keyboards and some killer progression raid runs... I mean... *force persuades* Altoholics Anonymous does not have killer phat loots or awesome little mouse droids and V.I.P. Lounge Wristbands handed to you as you walk in the door every meeting (score!!!!!).

Now let's get down to business.  I want to offer another lore segment that is totally not copied right from the codex.  (It is totally copied from the codex.)

Jedi Weapons:  The lightsaber is the iconic symbol of the Jedi.  Through the Force, it becomes an extension of the wielder; serving as both a powerful tool for defense and a devestating weapon against the dark side.  Padawans, however, typically use electroblade training swords until they have proven themselves worthy.  Only then can a padawan make a pilgrimage to the Forge on Tython to construct a lightsaber in accordance to ancient Jedi tradition.

Lightsabers come in both single- and double-bladed forms, and their blades can be a variety of colors.  Blue, green, and yellow are the most common among the Jedi, though there are example of other hues such as magenta and cyan.  The color of a given lightsaber's blade is largely determined by the crystals in the hilt that power the weapon.  Different crystals confer varying properties on the weapon, allowing each lightsaber to be customized by its creator.

Well there you have it.  Now we know that there is a cyan crystal option that I will probably want to use once I see how nice it looks.  However, for the record, I LOVE YELLOW!  Yellow, yellow, yellow, I want yellow!  *ahem*  I guess that's it for now, but I would really like some comments on my posts.  After all, my ego isn't going to inflate itself (+50 dark side).

Republic On!!

2 comments:

  1. I have the same alt problem... probably the reason why so many of my characters on games are so low leveled. :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the second comment (-1 to loneliness). However, while I have an altoholism problem in most MMOs, I don't have an altoholism problem in Wizard 101. I actually have to push myself to play my other wizards. I find that even though I love how streamlined the quests in Wizard 101 are, it is way too stale for me when I have to run a quest a second time. I think it has to do with how long a single battle takes. The animation lengths kill me (Can I say the word 'kill' in a post about a family friendly game?). Yet, I do indeed find it hard not to explore multiple classes in other games just to observe the game mechanics. I think the trooper got a lot of special attention in SWTOR. It's a little overpowered in my opinion. Although, I think the smuggler was done right.

    ReplyDelete